Authors & Cake Hour:
Certain Fridays, April, May & June 2:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
Beyond the Sea Bookshop Café & Gifts at Lincolnville Beach, is hosting a new literary series titled, Authors & Cake Hour.
Each Authors & Cake Hour will host two authors who will give talks and readings followed by Q&A, while all enjoy layer-cake and coffee, with an option of a 25% discount on purchases of event books.
This page will be updated as we add confirmed authors & dates.
Reservations required. Fee $10.00.
Just click on the author's name in green for more information on that particular event!
- May 4th 2:30 - 3:30 Authors Melissa Kim and Hope Rowan To Speak Of Getting Kids Outdoors And Exploring The Natural World; Perfect For Springtime! Hope and Melissa will give talks and readings followed by Q&A, on their books Ten Days in Acadia, and A Snowy Owl Story and more from the Wildlife on the Move Series. More about Hope and Melissa
- May 18th 2:30 - 3:30 Authors Irene Drago and Jen Wixson, will give talks and readings followed by Q&A, on their novels Daughters of Long Reach, and Jen’s Sovereign Series. More about Irene and Jen
- June 1st 2:30 - 3:30 Children's Book Authors, Yusuf Ali El and Pam Holland present their wonderful Thank You & Please, and Froses; sharing a theme of civility and friendship for readers of all ages! More about Yusuf Ali El and Pam Holland
- June 15th 2:30 - 3:30 – Author Sandra Oliver and Editor Valerie Lawson explore the rich heritage of our great state, through essays, poems and short stories from 3 nations, and Down East food! More about Sandra and Valerie
- June 22nd – Extended Special Event 2:30 - 4:00! Two New Mystery Series Launches by Maine authors Kaitlyn Dunnett; and Cornelia Kidd, - Kaitlyn and Cornelia will give talks and readings followed by Q&A, on their books Crime & Punctuation, (Deadly Edits), and Death and a Pot of Chowder:More about Kaitlyn and Cornelia
- June 29th - 2:30 - 3:30 Author, Michael Cameron Ward, to share a treasure: his book, A Colored Man in Exeter, a biographical account of his father Harold E. Ward’s life and times, at the Friday, June 29th, Authors & Cake Hour.
SPECIAL NOTE: A Colored Man in Exeter touches on so many stories of current public discourse, for the benefit and pleasure of our customers, we have reserved the hour for Mike alone. More About Michael Cameron Ward Authors & Cake Hour